Thursday, July 25, 2024

The Miraculous Medal

            I enrolled my family in the Miraculous Medal Association (Perpetual membership). The Vincentian priests also known as the order of Congregation of the Mission will pray for my family always. I already mentioned that I studied in an all girls school run by the Daughters of Charity. I am proud of it because it is a good private school and those who go there are mostly from a well to do family. I thank my aunts for they helped me study in a good school since my father who is an OFW, his earnings are not enough for my older brother and I. My mother's side family are all comfortably living. My mom's siblings, one is a pediatrician, a pharmacist and all are working in for the government. Same with 


my husband and I who are also working in the government. I thank God for it. 

So much so for telling you my family background. As a former Carmelite aspirant. I have a devotion to our Blessed Mother eversince I was a young girl. I told her before that she be my mother. I really don't remember what made me say that to her even if my biological mother is living with us. Maybe, I just don't feel my mother is always there for me. I just don't feel her motherly support. 


I recommend Christine Watkins book The Miraculous Medal: Pendant of Power. It is a great wealth of information about the Miraculous Medal, how it came to be and those people whose lives were touched by it. 

I bought a medal recently, I disposed the previous medal that I bought because the stars are not designed like this. I read that the stars should not be on top of the cross. I was really anxious because the medal that I bought before was fake. There were rumors that masons give out and distributes fake medal, same with the rosary. What I suggest is that just scrutinized any religious items design. Make sure its not a counterfeit. You might notice that in the back of my recently purchased miraculous medal there is a CF mark. I inquired from where I purchased it and the seller told me its Italy's manufacturing stamp. Of course, I am skeptical thinking the medal might be one of the fake ones distributed by the masons. (I bought the medal from Saints and Sacramentals store in Lazada online).

I already gave a few of my officemates this medal before. I want them to know our Blessed Mother and all the graces that they will receive through her intercession. Knowing our Blessed Mother, their prayer life will improve. To those who are not familiar with the medal I included a brief explanation about it here. Please see the posted images.

No comments: